Precision laser marking services.
The KDI team now offers laser marking services. Our cutting-edge laser-marking equipment can emboss any design into material ranging from stainless steel, aluminum to plastics. Since laser marking is indelible, it’s a wonderful solution for components that must be marked for compliance purposes (e.g. medical components).
Laser marking is a quick and economical method to permanently place part numbers, lot numbers, serial numbers, logos and other images on a variety of materials. The options for graphics that can be laser applied is almost unlimited. Another advantage for the medical device market is biocompatibility.
We can mark on flat or radiused surfaces and can rotate parts with our integrated rotary indexer.
- Medical devices
- Surgical instruments
- Industrial components
- Consumer products
Materials That Can Be Etched
- Stainless Steel
- Plastics (not all types are laser markable)
- Keyence MD-X Series, 25W HYBRID laser marker combines FIBER and YVO4 laser capabilities.
- High-precision marking can be performed over a 12.99″ × 12.99″ (330 mm × 330 mm) area. 3-Axis control eliminates distortion.
- A built-in camera verifies the quality and accuracy of the markings. Before and after thresholds can be set in order to automate marking confirmation, preventing mis-marking.
- KDI designed a custom built programmable system to house the Keyence laser device. Flexible mounting and positioning features and integrated software, allows fast job throughput.
- Powered X, Y & Z table allows for quick set ups and focusing.
- 360 degree, powered indexer allows us to mark anywhere around
a part with minimal handling.
- CAD marking software automatically adjusts settings over contoured
surfaces for consistent darkness/ readability.
Our team is always excited to learn about new projects. Contact us today to get the conversation started.